Friday, August 6, 2010

Change of Pace: Becoming Less Political and Combative



After this blog being so heavy on political rants over the past 2 years, i've decided to really just turn this into an everything kind of ranting blog.

Now, don't get me wrong: This is not going to turn into a constantly bitching blog, but it will become a blog in which I post about more than simply political matters. However, this is very difficult for me.

As far back as I can remember, I've been a political junkie and have loved nothing more than to discuss, debate and frustrate those who hold diametrically opposite views to my own.

In 1988, I was 6 years old and in 1st grade during the presidential election between George H.W. Bush and Michael Dukakis. Most kids my age cared little and some had no awareness of an election. I, on the other hand, had been following the campaign trails closely through newspapers and TV outlets, hoping for a Dukakis victory. On election night, I begged my mom to let me stay up late so i could watch the returns on TV with her. Weird right? I even cried when Dukakis conceded defeat.

Anyways, my decision to switch gears will not eliminate blogging about political affairs when the mood strikes, however, it will no longer be the sole motivating factor behind writing these blogs. Hopefully my readership will grow and I can keep up with the blog on a more daily basis.

I feel as though this will represent a shift in my blogger life as more well-rounded and, hopefully, more interesting.

Here's hoping at least....

3 comments:

Keith said...

I disagree with everything in this post. stick that in your hookah and puff it!

bananas. said...

do what you want when you want whether political or not, as long as it's you.

there...gave my advice for the day :)

Kevin Michael said...

Haha! Thank you. I am still going to wax political when the mood strikes, however, opening up will allow me to post more often, which is the plan. =)