Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New New New!

Hello Everyone!

So, this is my last week at work and it is a bittersweet time.

Quick Refresher:
I am the Head Grant Writer for a Non-Profit Organization that deals with homeless services. We provide emergency, supportive and essential services in addition to transitional and affordable permanent housing. I have enjoyed it here and have witnessed first-hand many of the amazing stories of some of our clients. 

On the one hand, I absolutely love what the organization does and as an integral part of that, I've been extremely satisfied with the results.

On the other hand, I feel as though my job has become stagnant and the Development Director does not make life any easier.

Because of the very few cons of the position, I would not be leaving were it not for the amazing opportunity which presented itself recently.

I was offered (and accepted) the position of Communications Aide for an elected member of the California State Assembly! I am now officially a political staffer for a newer Assembly Member who really has a genuine interest in the people she serves. I am excited and eager to take on this new challenge, and am very excited and thankful with the vertical direction my career has been taking.

Onward and upward!

3 comments:

Sara Strand said...

YAY! ;) I'm glad you got a new job instead of saying you are now unemployed... like the last 4 blogs I've read today. *mwah!

Jen said...

Congrats on the new job!!!

asj said...

Congrats on the new job! Hope it's going well! :)