Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thirsty Thursday: Gimlet


Continuing with the theme of drinks you've probably never heard of, I present to you, the Gimlet.

The Gimlet is similar to a Gin and Tonic, only less likely to be ordered by an alcoholic.

Not to be confused with the less-tasty Vodka version, the Gimlet is named after the eponymous hand tool, used for drilling small holes. Created in 1928, it was named for its penetrating effect on those who order it.

Clean and refreshing, the Gimlet is a true Gin lovers drink, strong enough for a man, but tasty enough for a woman (or gay man).

The next time someone asks you to order them a Gin and Tonic, play it cool, and see if they want to try a Gimlet instead.

Ingredients:
2 ounces Gin (I recommend Plymouth)
3/4 ounces Lime Juice
Lime Wedge

Shake Gin and Lime Juice with ice in a shaker. Strain over ice in an old-fashioned glass and garnish with lime wedge.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

asj said...

so funny, the book I read yesterday mentioned a gimlet and I thought YUM! might have to get me one of those this weekend now that I've heard of them two days in a row!

Ms. Emmy N said...

I love gimlets ~ but vodka gimlets, because I don't like gin, does that still count?

Brittany said...

gross! I hate GIN!

Com'on Kev! Try harder! :))

or wait..

I'll try this drink, if you try Glee :)))

bananas. said...

i just learned gin came from juniper.

random tidbit for the day.